Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sewing again

I stopped updating this blog back in May of last year because it was summertime and to me, sewing is a winter pastime. Plus, it gets really hot in my little sewing room in the summer.

BUT, I've been doing a lot of sewing and reading more awesome costuming blogs, so I decided it was time for me to start blogging again.

I made two more skirts, a pseudo-corded petticoat, finally pleated that matelasse quilt into a quilted petticoat, and learned how to make a man's shirt. Oh, and I made a new corset. And then I went CRAZY at the thrift store and bought $100 worth of household linens and fabric thinking I was going to MAKE ALL THE THINGS AND SELL THEM ON ETSY AND EBAY YAYYYY SEWING IS FUN!!!! And then I became paralyzed with anxiety. I could have spent $100 on clothes for myself. I could have upgraded my iPhone. What is wrong with me?

I'll post pictures tonight.

2 comments:

  1. You're back!!!! I spent several 12 hour days working on a steampunk costume for my sister for New Year's Eve, and just started sewing again last week. It's rough sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica!! I have the sewing bug pretty bad right now! Is your steampunk project on your blog? I'm going to go look right now. I would love to be able to do steampunk stuff (for others, not me, I just don't have the look for it) and don't have the first clue how to begin!

    ReplyDelete